PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 20:20
racheldebuitleir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all,

I was at the AD yesterday in DUB. I have to say the whole thing was much nicer than the Emirates Open Day. Far more welcoming and laid back. I loved how the final interview was more a chat in the room , just aside from everyone else instead of waiting outside in a hallway to walk in to a severely intimidating table with two recruiters on the other side as in the emirates interviews.

It is amazing how they manage to cut people based on such little things, and without really interacting with the candidates. I wondered about how on earth they managed to get any idea whether these people were suitable or not after only registration and an english test. The cut after the group discussion was more surprising! From 12 down to 6! michaelflynn61 are you the guy who was the 'priest' in the group discussion? If thats you...hard luck man! Was very surprised not to see you go through! Try again!

Long before this assessment I searched through these forums for tips on how the day went and what to do , what not to do and it definitely helps! I think the best pieces of basic advice I would give anyone going to an assessment are:

1)Be well groomed!...Hair neat, nice make up, sensible, simple suit! Nothing too unusual or stylish. Smart shoes...not flippin peeptoes!! The more you look like you are already cabin crew the easier it is for them to imagine you as one. Try not to stand out, look like you are willing to conform to grooming guidlines.
2)Be early!
3)SMILE< SMILE, EYE CONTACT AND MORE SMILING
4) BE PREPARED! Have all the documents that you are supposed to have! Know what to expect and think about what answers you are going to give to the usual questions.
5)Chat and integrate...it shows that you will make friends in abu dhabi and wont run off home coz you're too lonely. And it will help you relax too!
6) During the process ....Listen carefully, show interest, sit up straight. In group discussions its soooooooooo important that you DO NOT take over, DO NOT dominate or lead. It must be a group/team. Dont be too quiet either. You must achieve the balance of listening and being heard. Watch the time allocated to your task, try to make sure that everyone gets a say and that you agree as a group on the conclusion, and summarise your conclusions.

Part of me sometimes thinks that if you're right for the job it will show anyway regardless of whether you get tips from a forum or not....and if you're not right for it, well theres no point pretending to be someting you're not.

BUT I suppose it helps to know what you're getting into and what to expect so that you can relax more and let your personality shine.

Good luck
xx