PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA GS Election - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2002, 23:43
pipistrelle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G.S. Post

John,
I have previously commented in another thread that I think it is time for a major change in the BALPA heirarchy. I cannot believe that someone can give 100% to two jobs and be expected to deliver an acceptable level of representation to either. I respect your candour and for that alone I have voted for you.
If my CC offered support to Mr Darke I would like to know when the support of the Balpa members in our co. were canvassed for their opinions, never in our case!!
My plea is that you will put the wheels in motion to give all the BRITISH pilots in the BRITISH airline pilots association some hope for the future by laying down the foundations of a cohesive policy to stop the continual erosion/decline of our career prospects by the continual misemployment of foreign (often not even E.U. citizens) pilots.
Over the last few months Mr Darke's stance has pushed me to the brink of redundancy, I know we are not the most militant organisation and altruism doesn't pay the mortgage but nothing has come from his office other than self adulation and rhetoric, no policy at all. Maybe it is time for some of the anti BA members to try to put aside their differences and try to push ahead with a pilots union chaired by (even in the short term) a pilot.