PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb and Dumber: A Tale of Two Unions.
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 18:30
Nice Touch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norman does metaphor mean nothing to you?

THIS IS NOT ABOUT WHO IS BEST.

I don't need a history lesson about easy 'cos I was there! Unfortunately
ey you can not ignore the past-since it is these agreements which are at risk. Agreements that you have only recently become part of.

Is this about union recognition, or not? To remind. You think we are both the same, EZY/FR, so expand on that. Use your personal experience of Ryanair and easyJet to qualify your argument.

My issue is personally with you. Your naivety and influence you have over younger pilots. As you read the next bit-this is NOT ABOUT EASY-RYAN AND PI$$ED OLD PILOTS. This is about unions and the Hobson's choice we have as pilots

Why is it OK for you to call for union recognition in a company that you have never worked in.

A Lot of young people at the beginning of their careers with considerable debt would stand to loose a great deal if they listen to the likes of you.

Do you think that the current economic conditions are a good time to start a battle with the managers.

So here's an idea preach BALPA-use past examples of victories achieved in easyJet-you will have to ask someone who has been there a while to help. Then because you are NSF and are so clever offer the helpless victims some way of continuing their careers when agreements are ripped up, bases frozen and promotions stopped etc-what then.

In one thing I agree if you don't like it-move I did. My issue is not with easy-its with you and your call for recognition based on what ...crew food, softer toilet paper or a free pen with every LPC...what are you asking for that an airline can/is willing to give under the current climate. Your probably sorted with your RAF/GB(BA) pension, so no risk to you.