PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training in Florida, September 2009
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 17:52
SweetChariotXV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am getting alot of positive feedback about naples so im seriously considering applying there
i would seriously recommend avoiding naples air centre (if that is the school you are referring to above). I did my PPL there a couple years ago. To be fair did it in minimum time, although I was lucky to have a very good instructor. Having said that he left the time I finished as he could not stand the place - or actually more so the owners.

The place is run by Richard, his wife Nikki, and her mum Bea. They are sharks when it comes to money. Be VERY careful if you go there. Richard is extremelly patronising. Although that does not bother me, what does is his complete disregard for anything except the money they can take off you. They will be very accomodating on the phone, and give you a good vibe. They probably will be when you go there too. But be warned once there, service disappears.

I dont want to put you off, but think you should be forewarned of this place. I am surprised your search found alot of positive feedback. Most comments I have seen of NAC here on this forum seem to reflect my views and experience.

The only positives I can say of NAC (not from my experience) that I have heard from other friends who stayed and did ATPL theory there was that it was good, run by a good CGI. But this is run seprately to the flying and Richard and co do not have much if any influence on ATPL ground school. Again as I did not study ATPL there cannot speak from experience on that side of things.

In any case, wherever you go I am sure you will love the flying, and once you have the bug, you're hooked. Florida can be great fun, not too challenging, and wherever you decide to go in Fla, you should try make a flight to key west. Good fun.

Oh one last note, you better like cats, as their cats most definately take priority!

Best of luck