PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb and Dumber: A Tale of Two Unions.
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 16:39
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Touch (Nasty Touch, Foolish Touch, No Touch....whatever). Can't say I do remember you, but I am sure we will have had discussions previously on this issue. It is always sad to hear yesterday's man living in yesterday's world. It's a bit like these Japanese soldiers who used to appear out of the jungle for about 30 years after the end of the war looking for Americans to fight - only to discover it was all over and both nations had changed beyond recognition while they had lived in a fantasy world all those years in isolation. Tragic.

A few helpful points to maybe lighten the load of your delusion - you did not start easyJet - Stelios did. You were just a simple employee who did not like it and left. The easyJet you left has long gone and I genuinely wish you well at Ryanair. You and your fellow travellers are simply locked in a time warp regarding easyJet, and given your inability to escape from a perception of the past that is simply irrelevant to today's discussion, you are probably in exactly the right place. There seems to be no way out for you regarding the easyJet you 'founded'.

"Even if you fly for easy for the next 30 years it will always be more mine, Stans, f/shinx and all, than yours." Nutty talk my friend. I suppose that just because you are paranoid you cannot be sure they are not out to get you. You do not 'own' easyJet, nor have you ever done so. You are just a disenchanted employee who got the hump and left. We all wish you well, but do not harbour illusions of gradeur - they are manifestly misplaced.

"So if you feel us to be sensitive-your damn right we are-years later I still can't get over the dreadful lifestyle that nearly finished me and my family." Great for the grandchildren but it is NOT THE CASE TODAY. That lifestyle has gone, and you and your sad mates who are upset at what happened to them at easyJet just need to move on. Sit in your cockpits and spout forth to anyone who will listen about how bad it was, but see it like the trenches - it's over now. And by the way, if the guy next to you is not saying much in reply, it is probably because he would like to talk about something else!I

Life is full of disappointments - you have had one at easyJet but do need to move on. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the flight with Ryanair. For everyone else, just join BALPA.