PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 16:30
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edit - BFS-GLA is actually 17x week, Thurs operates 2 flights, not 3
Didn't check that myself when put in random dates, though from 28 Jan 10 through to the end of the winter timetable, it would seem thursday is 3 flights per day; up to the 21 Jan 10, its 2.

I'm thinking they already do albeit with different carriers via LHR, might be time for a bit of market research as I think a lot of the NI traveling public still utilize LHR and LGW to get to the US.
When EI operated from BFS though it wasn't a connecting flight, it had the same flight number from BFS right through to final US destination via SNN, (to JFK). SNN was simply a stop to pick up some more passengers and clear US immigration and customs. Initially an A330 for the entire route, then I believe towards the end of its operation the BFS - SNN leg was B737. It was sold as a direct, but not a non-stop flight, thats what I was suggesting with EI to operate to SNN now with a BFS based aircraft, but with the same flight number as the continuing service to US. Connecting in LON are two seperate flights albeit maybe with through checked baggage on the one ticket.

My point was that with decent one-stop services to the US already from BFS / BHD, either via London or Newark, would a service that went via SNN instead really be much of a benefit?? You could be pedantic and mention the clearance of US formalities, but for the average joe in the street would this really matter?? If EI were to offer direct service to new long haul destinations, then excellent, but to offer just another one-stop via SNN, would it really be much of a benefit?