PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb and Dumber: A Tale of Two Unions.
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 10:37
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f/spninx - Just to clarify, I spoke to the FO at the end of the session after the paperwork was written. As it happened he would not care what I had written as he has already resigned as he is returning to Australia to live! Also, I have spoken to FOs and Captains alike from Ryanair - the story is always the same. I have also spoken to a good friend who is still a captain at Ryanair and he would leave to come to easyJet tomorrow if he could. Freezing ATPL has, however, much more useful to say on the subject than I do. Perhaps it would be good to listen to him even if you find my views distasteful.

The first casualty of war is truth - nowhere is that more the case than in a discussion with Leo, magnificently entertaining as his posts undoubtedly are. As the more rational contributors like catplaystation have observed, the figures quoted are not quite as advertised by Leo, nor are the 'benefits' of working for Ryanair. As I have said before, there is only one thing that separates us as companies - union representation. The best and brightest hope for Ryanair is organised labour working to create a competitive company without selling its soul in doing so.