PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA GS Election - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2002, 20:19
John Frohnsdorff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHPS,

You are right in that it is hard to get out and meet all BALPA members. I do not have access to LOG or the ability to send out missives like the NEC Chairman. I do not have the funds to go around the CC’s canvassing support therefore I do this on PPruNe and on the BALPA Cs forum.

The issue is not just a BA one; I am pleased that you seem to have attained what your regard as a good three year deal but not all companies can say the same. Certainly benchmark comparisons with UK pilot salaries vs. Western European and the U.S. are not so good. Flagging out is an issue with certain companies.

I have tried to explain that getting the quality of individual that we want for the post is not possible against an incumbent GS; hence the stocking horse. I wish it could be otherwise.
I am sorry that I do not have your vote.

Regards,
John

Keep_pushing,

On re-examining that post I feel I could have phrased it better. I do not wish to re-open history or create any further divisions.

It was difficult to arrange to have the election or even a debate on this subject at all; but that is now in the past. The whole point now is to bring the association together and to find the right person to do it; should I win. If I do not win then you at least will have had your say in the matter.

In a democracy that is the right way of dealing with issues.

Regards,
John