PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTOs - rumour vs. libel
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 08:15
Donalk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L'aviateur
I suspect our opinions are more closely aligned than would appear so at first glance. There are many newsworthy events taking place around the world on a daily basis and I for one am grateful to the many posters who take time to keep us updated. The subsequent informed debates can be both enlightening and useful in decision making.

Observing captive aircraft is worthy of mention, however it is the ensuing debate fuelled by nothing more than speculation, which causes the rumour to grow legs and arms and spiral out of control. Typically then, someone with a grievance, whether valid or not, is given a public platform upon which to vent their spleen. What follows is a one sided argument which is neither useful or entertaining.

In that situation the mods have a duty to provide balance but as they are not privy to the facts surrounding the case can only do this by insisting that posters are in possession of irrefutable evidence. I dont see this as censorship, more of an effort to uphold standards. Those standards exist to provide us with a framework where we can enjoy the forum and derive maximum benefit from it.

These are challenging times for everyone and perhaps more so for flight schools. In the spirit of fair play we should support those organisations who strive to survive and excel. Where hard evidence exists to the contrary, then I agree that in the interests of all concerned it is open season. It would be truly tragic though to witness the death of an organisation by a thousand cuts.

Apologies to all for continuing this off thread subject but I felt a response to L'aviateurs well thought out post was warranted.