PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTOs - rumour vs. libel
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2009, 23:23
L'aviateur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Donalk,
This is a rumour network, someone posting about aircraft being chained up is worthy of a rumour forum. Granted people posting slanderous information about the financial status of a company is wrong, particularly on such a widely read website as pprune, but you do have to realise that information such as that observed by some forumites is worthy of consideration. Yes, of course if the reader is an educated person and can make his own decisions he will bear that information in mind whilst they do there own research into spending 6k - 80k on flight training.
You accusation about idle speculation/gossip is ridiculous also, what is observed is not gossip or speculation, maybe the additional comments are, but the views and interests are valid. If I consider further training, i'd like to know whether a companies aircraft have been chained up or held in by snow plough (and trust me, from someone thats seen this before, this happens more frequently then people realise in aviation). I do agree that at times some of the posters seem to be people who only fly in windows flight simulator or whatever, but thats just part and parcel of what we have to accept unless we consider censorship by licence, which would preclude student pilots etc.