PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 01:25
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kluge,

True up to a point; lager-style is very popular, and seems to dominate the sales in pubs when it's sold out of the keg.

However; and in line with my premise that 2/3 of the population should not have the vote, nor should they be allowed to breed, my local bottle shop owner informs me that, more than any other canned or bottled beer, he moves more cartons of - wait for it - .......VB. There's just no accounting for taste.

Personally, these days, I try to avoid the bottled or canned beer - too much GAS!. Instead, I have lately turned to a wonderful invention by Heineken. For those that haven't seen it, it's a mini-keg, but not your everyday variety that, once opened has to be drunk. These little suckers have an internal pressure supply and a proper tap on the top. Once opened, the keg is good for 30 days - normally lasts about two - the beer does not go off if consumed within a month. And the pressure lasts to the final pint. The keg sits neatly in my beer fridge and is attacked with gusto while the old Weber is chugging away. Nothing like a true draft beer, out of a keg, in your own home