PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb and Dumber: A Tale of Two Unions.
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2009, 19:14
Freezing ATPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion so here's mine bearing in mind that I have worked for EZY and RYR. Easyjet is by a country mile a better place to work and IS a better operation. Ryanair promise people cash and a stable roster. Fair enough and some people go for that. The cash is getting less and less whereas at EZY it is increasing. The roster however is stable but the leave system takes the piss.
So what are the main differences between the two ?
Well at EZY you get to name a few : free car parking, a pension (whether you pay into it or not), hotac for sims, transport for sims, even a payment for sectors for being in the sim. Whereas at RYR you get sweet FA. I won't even bore you with the uniform allowance and the bonus after 2 years service and the rpi increases as it makes me feel even worse about what I did.
Then you can move onto new aircraft. Both have them - a score draw.
But the OPS couldnt be further apart.
If you are lucky enough to get through to OPS in RYR they are at best inadequate. EZY ops were always on the ball for me.
Now if RYR is a better place to work i'm all ears !
Ps. Note I didn't mention Leo and his merry henchmen who's behaviour is at best disgusting. But they hide away to deliver their threats as none of them have got the to do it face to face.