PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do.........
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2002, 16:43
Delta Wun-Wun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things are not very good when it comes to the hiring of low time pilots.Before Sept 11 th it was the best it had ever been but was still very hard to land that first job.
Distance learning will probably take about 12 mths to complete.The exam passes are then valid for 36 mths, during which time you must complete a CPL and IR.This will then give you the very basic requirement to enter the job hunting market.
You are in a good position at the moment in that you have a good job to provide income to train and build experience.I would go the Distance learning route,at least you can live as you train.
I would find it highly unlikely that any airline would assist in pilot training at the moment,as there are quite a number of pilots out there at the moment with the relavent licences and experience....However the industry is "supply and demand" and when the industry picks itself up and recruiting starts in numbers again you will be in a position to start applying.
There are no guarentees,it`s very unfair I know but sometimes you have to take a risk.
Good luck in whichever way you choose.