PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei - Night of the long knifes
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2002, 16:15
Ttree Ttrimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bus 429-tell me who you think I am and I will tell you if you're right or not.

Up to here- I was not aware that he had done this before. I know that he was getting ready to leave Brunei for a number of months. He was just waiting for a start date at his new company. There are people in the past that have disappeared without serving notice that have hurt the general expat population by leaving behind them big RBYC bills, outstanding loans and credit card bills. These people tried to disappear into obscurity and generally failed. These are the kind of actions that cause problems in a community. The only angle I can see is that maybe it shows a lack of trust in the expat employee, but then let's face it, were we ever trusted by the locals here really in the first place? The pay day issue, I hadn't picked up on but if I were to do the same I would use a similar time frame. I also understand that he was trying to do everything he could to aviod doing this but faced with taking a job that has a future or staying to serve notice in one without the decision can't have been too difficult. If you feel there are other issues then please share them as I would certainly like to read them. Maybe I am biased by rumour, conjecture and general malease to see anything but the negative sides.