PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard. I now pronounce you husband and wife.
Old 6th May 2009, 12:26
polarbear767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do these "regional general manager's" come from? If this is the calibre of Numpty we have running middle management at airlines it just goes to show how pathetic these people are.

It'll never happen, not just because of the current English legislation regarding licenced places and who can perform marriages but because the current DfT security arrangements whereby a pilot is only allowed out of his cubby hole for "physiological" reasons and I've no doubt that they will eventually require us to use bottles or diapers to avoid even that flaw in their security theatre plans.

One other thing... I know that I wouldn't want to officiate at some cheesy, chav infested ceremony for a wedding. At least not unless I am handsomely rewarded for my new found skills as an officiator of legally binding ceremonies. Balpa will certainly have to get involved if the inmates of the government mad house ever do decide to even consider this stupid proposal by some easyJet back office numpty!