PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATCO Career
Thread: ATCO Career
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2002, 13:49
possible ATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATCO Career

Hello everyone,

A newbie here so please be gentle, just discovered these forums and thought I would post for some inormation please.

I applied recently to be an ATCO with NATS but dont have the academic qualifications, hence I didnt even get to the first stage so I wondered wouldnt they look at relevant aviation experience as the reason I have not got any highers is due to the fact I left school at 16 to be employed in aviation, and its not just working for a catering agent, I have been aircrew, dispatch, fuelling and flight planning, I also have my private pilots license on aeroplanes.

I was kind of hoping that because I have that kind of experience that it would be considered but no luck so I wondered does anyone have any useful tips they could pass on to me or should I simply go and try and get the further education that they asked for.

I also thought maybe since Sep 11 they have been taking less people on and can afford to be picky but like I say its just a thought.

Thank you in advance guys n gals and hope to hear from you very soon.

Regards
possible ATCO.

p.s. could you tell me do SERCO take on peeps looking to be ATCO's or do they only employ ready made ATCO's????