PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Pilot Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2009, 07:14
airmail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobby, I must admit that I didn't look at when you registered only the amount of posts you had made along with others on this thread (and considering when I first registered and the amount of posts I've made, maybe I should have a look in the mirror!!).

My point was that over the years, there has been an increase in the amount of 'one hit posters' coming onto PPRuNe and posting emotive threads (redundancies, companies closing etc). I'm sure that in the couple of years you've been around, you've seen these as well. I accept that you aren't one of them but took your post as either being one of these or from a current VS pilot trying to confirm some information - hence the reference to the private forum.

I have no idea whether they, or others, are looking to make redundancies but given the figures from BAA earlier this week about a 10% reduction in passengers in Q1 09, you have to say that airlines in general are taking a hit and I would be surprised if none of them were looking at costs in great detail.

With regards to you getting into long haul in the future, I have no answers or advice for you save to wish you luck in your aspirations

Regards

airmail