PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2009, 23:20
HopefulAnon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Everything you need to know...

Long post but hopefully useful.

1st stage at Swanwick today.. went very well for me.. and a few tips.. first if you get the train to Swanwick station and need to waste a couple of hours (I planned a couple of hours early just in case, there was supposed to be rail works today) there is 2 roads leading away from the station, a winding one and a straight one lined with trees.. take the straight one and there is a nice bistro pub 2mins at the top. There is usually always taxis on this road too.. and they are used to ferrying NATS hopefuls so they know were it is.. and its around £6-£7.

Next when you arrive you will be shown to a small area were other hopefuls will be doing last minute study. I found this time was very good to relax and get chatting with other people. Anyway you are shown to a small room and given a personality questionnaire.. (doesn't effect your scores, its just a trial thing for now)

1st test - motivation aviation knowledge test.. easy enough if you read that printout.. can you believe some people admitted to not even reading it!! don't worry too much about the aircraft details (just have a general sense of what kind of figures are normal, same for european city distances)

2nd test - spatial awarness boxes.. I managed to answer 43 but it seamed that most people attempted around 25-35..

3rd test - maths.. basic Speed = Distance/Time stuff.. to be honest it seamed like they accidentally gave us the test they give 12 year olds when they visit.

4th test - diagrammatic reasoning.. I really had a knack for these... and managed to finish the 50th question as the lady asked to put our pencils down.. most people said they answered again around 25-35.

They said there is a bit of a backlog and that the results would be available in 15 working days..