PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas will be dead in 6 months
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2009, 17:11
heads_down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read many news sources in the past about price fixing crimes in EEC, there has been precedence set where the fine is actually a percentage of the profit made during the period the crimes was committed. This was like a 3 year period the price fixing occurred. I would say with elections coming up (I am unaware which country) then it would be fair to say they would be even tougher on crimes to win more votes. After all, no citizens in their right mind (unless it is Australia, that's why Dixon got off a criminal sentence) would allow corporate criminal activities go un punished.
There are other threads on this forum that discuss the Qantas price fixing crime committed, it plead guilty to American courts so got off lightly with a business expense fine and a scapegoat who will go to jail for 6 months. It has also got off very lightly in Australia because the law in Australia did not deem price fixing as a criminal act. Now it is awaiting for the EEC courts judgment and NZ authorities judgment, The guilty verdict is a foregone conclusion.