PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "To err is human": differing attitudes to mistakes in EK and Turkish accidents
Old 5th May 2009, 15:50
screwballburling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We will never eliminate human error, Never, in fact man is fast becoming the "weak link" in the chain.

I am a great believer in keeping things simple. Things now are getting complicated as we're getting away from the basics. Complicate things and more people screw up.

Here is an E.G., At flying school we were taught to use full power for t/o. If you didn't get full power you aborted! Now we are asked to use reduced power for t/o!! Can you imagine taking off in say a trainer at 2200 rpm instead of say 2500 -2600 rpm? of course not, yet we are doing it in airline operations FFS!! Are the savings worth it?

There is a recipy for disaster right there, as it is one more weak link in the chain.

This my 2 cents worth from a someone who started in this business 40 years ago this year. Maybe I have it all wrong and should give it up. Look at the airbus accident in the South of France late last year. All so unnecessary, in my view.