PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA GS Election - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2002, 22:47
STATLER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
john,

I am a new member to BALPA,I am only a lowley flying instructor,but feel that the membership of BALPA will be of use later on in my career rather than now. I have watched this debate not only on prune but through the BALPA news letters and the thing that I have notice is the fact that the people at the top of BALPA seem very keen to keep CD on the throne so to speak and my question is WHY? and why has he been allowed to go on uncontested? somewhat unhealthy in me opinion. Just look at the problems facing the lottery.
You now have my vote, this is due to the fact that recent information regarding CD's other interests somewhat alarms me.

The person who eventually gains his position should be wholly committed to BALPA and no one else, considering that the post commands a somewhat hansom salary.

I do hope that BALPA continues to go from strength to strength in the future, and continues to provide us with protection we all need not just now but in times to come, as profits etc get tighter we the aircrew will be the ones to bear the brunt of our employers decisions and sensible wholly comitted represetation is what we will need.