PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2009, 14:29
BetpumpS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Batman123, Skypilot666

You should be able to see from my post where I stand on the MPL and Clark. However I believe your posts are not constructive to potential MPL/Clark cadets or to the cadets currently studying. I also think the use of the word scam is unfair.

The mismanagement at Clark that I have read (issues with scheduling and a/c) is indeed an embarrassment and I hope that these problems have been/are close to being fixed.

The marketing guys at Clark are in no way different to the marketing guys for established integrated schools in Europe - Oxford, CTC, FTE. They tell you that there is a shortage of pilots (even though there isn't) and they tell you there has never been a better time to begin training (whatever).

The difference is that many aspiring pilots have read a lot about the industry/licenses etc and are not fooled by marketing hype. They also know that the limitations of a modular course vs integrated, and also know the limitations of an MPL course. It seems to me that those who are at Clark without the guarantee of a job with BUPAC have not done their research.

How many cadets at Clark realise that if they do not get a job straight away (which they won't with a generic MPL-FACT) they can not even fly General Aviation without spending more money?

This is one point that I definitely agree on with Skypilot6666:

investigate 1st before you invest your money. stupidy is the filipino who doesnt want to investigate 1st.
Unfortunately, the culture that I have seen from my time in Philippines is that "investigate" is not found in the dictionary of the average Filipino. NEVER solely trust the organisation you are giving money to! This pertains to Philippines AND the Western World. NO SCHOOL in the world cares if you get a job at the end of it. Their number 1 aim (just like any company in any industry in any country) is to make money.

RESEARCH and INVESTIGATE. Feel free to PM me.