PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* NZ Interview.
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2009, 13:18
Fruet Mich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah don't think so fella, looks good on paper, but I just run the figures for Jetstar take home per fortnight and it doesn't fair too well, especially for FO's.

Jetstar Capt will work 85hrs a month to earn roughly what a Jetconnect Capt will working 65. If a Jetconnect Capt works 85 credit hrs, he or she will take home nearly $1000 more a fortnight.

Jetstar FO working 85 hours will take home about $100 less per fortnight than a current Jetconnect FO working 65 hours. If a Jetconnect FO works 85 credit hrs, he or she will take home an extra $800 per fortnight.

It's called DTA, something Jetstar lacks. Incentive pay is roughly 40% below Jetconnects.

Jetconnect also get a guaranteed retention bonus, plus a yearly pilot bonus that may be paid at the companys discretion.

Jetstar have a pilot bonus at the sole discretion of the company. Which in these times I'd bet my left testie they won't be oblidged to pay.

If you want the figures, I'll gladly post them. I do warn you tho, it paints a pritty grizzly picture.

2 percent super, pay for your own jepps and medical. Now thats cheaky Jetstar!! I thought Jetconnect was the bottom of the heap when it comes to T&C's!!