PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dixon's incompetence almost ruined the company
Old 5th May 2009, 12:32
Richard Kranium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh "normasars"...yes! "trickie dickie" was one of the reasons Ansett went down...but I don't want this thread to go down that path, as the title is "trickie dickies" incompetence.

However, I did take the trouble to get a quote from the aviation convention in Adelaide Nov 2002 by Tom Ballantyne who said..."...

The answer is that Qantas played a major role in Ansett's downfall, both through the acumen of its management and its ability to get itself into a position where Ansett was virtually unable to properly compete"...

Thats why I draw the conculsion and I know from what was said to me at the time, that trickie was up to his armpits in Ansett's demise, but he was not the instigator.

That privilege belongs to Air New Zealand, the gov of NZ, the gov of Australia, and last but not least "trickie dickie" who just loved being a stirer and muddying the water.

But this thread is about what could have happened to Qantas if "trickie" got his way and got it sold to that other obomination Macquarie Bank, how he manipulated everyone and that poor excuse for a "chaiman" (not woman) was out there telling every shareholder this is the way to go...how sick this whole episode is.

I'm convinced, that todays CEO's are basically modern day criminals, they lie to the shareholders and get away with murder, while the silly old buggers and others sit at the ASX watching the stock market go up and down and demand more and more, basically I'm sick of the greed...