PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei - Night of the long knifes
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2002, 03:22
Ttree Ttrimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you'll find EM had been planning to go for a long time and had, therefore been tying up lose ends as he was packing up his things to leave. I have heard he enlisted a couple of neighbours to clear up final bills and sales. Add to that the fact that he has still got salary outstanding and I am sure the standard $500 held back for 90 days, I see little problem. Bank loans are another thing, but if you think you can run from a bank loan and get away with it, think again. They may not be able to recover the money but they will make life difficult for you and the banks here already make it difficult enough for an expat to get a loan that it isn't going to get any more difficult. What little I know of the guy invovled, he would be very unlikely to leave any things outstanding here and I wish him luck in his new position.

Leaving the way he has, IMHO, has given some fuel for the argument that with poor treatment, low morale and lack of security, people will make such rash moves with no cares as to what situation it will leave the company. More people need to do it. If I get offered a job with a start date tomorrow, I will be gone too and I don't think I would be the only one either. With the current enviroment here, there is very little loyalty to the company and people will leave in this way given the chance.