PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - job for fresh CPL holder
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2009, 07:52
AvEnthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys me myself I also think that a prestige of a pilot should be really high and a pilot should neither pay nor receive bribe. I really, really hate anykind of corruption and never tried to get inovlved in it, even I have delayed one of my aviation related project back home for 5 years so far becuase of this corruption. But I have always wanted to be a pilot and recently I came to change my dream to reality and I travelled a long distance unaware of anything (other apsects legal, school tuition, contracts, etc all settled) to a country which is called Philippines to get my pilot training. And here a pilot who has 10s of thousands of hours of flight was acting like ... me as a student pilot tried stop him and persuade him to grant some honor to his profession by saying this profession is not only about money it's about inspiration ..., it was really annoying me, but he kept on saying that being a pilot is all about money. And finally I was urged to pay him some cheese just to issue my student pilot license. Now what would you do in this kind of situation? I'm sure you can not tell me give up everything, you know the consequences yourself being in a foreing country, paid upfront shcool tuition, etc. But of course me myself I still grant honour to this profession and want to stay clear and will never intentionally pay to get my job done.l