PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - job for fresh CPL holder
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2009, 00:34
VIMANMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red questions that were asked by Arcane
Bold Vimanmans Answers

Quote:
I think I see this whole issue far differently than most respondents....
No "professional pilot" wants to brown nose, bribe, or kiss arse to get the job done, but In india...one HAS to....
What exactly is 'getting the job done' ? Bribing officials to expedite the issue of a license ? Bribing the right person in an airline to secure your first job ? I'm just curious because you come here, openly admit to have committed a crime and then have the gall to ask what the big deal is !

Getting the job done means just that, If you see Agent 123s post....he explains about an successful airline pilot in india who got the job done....when you are duly qualified (meaning having the hours and having passed the exams and whatever else is required as per DGCA norms) and still are not issued a Lic, because you dont grease the right palms....and then greasing the right palms......that means getting the job done....
And Arcane, if you havent done that yet.....you will, else your chances of having a long and successful career in india are slim to none....

Quote:
As a "professional pilot", does it make u less professional if you pay a bribe, brown nose or kiss arse.
[B]It kind of does...

If paying a bribe makes a pilot less "professional".....then I bet 80% of the pilots flying in India are not professional
[/B]
Quote:
One question
Is it worse to ask about robbing a bank....or to actually rob the bank.
That's a kind of silly analogy. Both you and the topic starter have admitted that you've bribed someone , ergo - the 'bank' has already been 'robbed'.

yes you are right....the bank has already been robbed....but my ? was.....is it worse to just query about robbing the bank.....or to actually rob the bank.

With all due respect Arcane, It seems you have not had to deal with the DGCA or Air Carriers in India very much.
I obviously do not know for sure.....just making an observation or inference based on the content of your post