PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - job for fresh CPL holder
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2009, 20:08
agent123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arcane,

If you and many others who posted earlier, think that in India one does not have to kiss ar$e or bribe to get things done, you got to be kidding yourselves !
I mean , come on ! gimme a break gentlemen !

I know Line Captains and TREs happily flying A320s and B737s who had to shell out a big a$$ amount of dough for various things from the very beginning of their careers.

One of these captains had to shell out some 3 lakhs cash to get his DGCA and WPC work done and about 15 lakhs to get into Air India. and keep in mind this was in addition to using some political contacts and also in the early 90s. Right now, all of you would be shocked to know how much one has to pay for clearing DGCA papers, RT and to "overlook" minor stuff in Class 1 medicals !!!

But let me tell you very clearly before you all start shooting off again. This captain (now an A320 P1), is one smart chap. He knows his **** when it comes to aviation. He loves his flying, and all this stuff related to aerodynamics, navigation, weather etc.
His flying capabilities are way above average, he holds an FAA CFI, II and Multi Instructor Ratings and has some 1500 hours "dual given" time to his credit.
He loves to teach, which is why he got his FAA instructor ratings.

and yet, despite all his qualifications he had to kiss ar$e big time and shell out $$$$$. Thank heavens none of the DGCA babus and clerks that I know of so far are gay !!!

Now, coming to the point.
If this same Captain would have adamently chosen to remain pure and honest and never ever give in to corruption and paying bribes etc, what do you think he would be doing now ?
Still wa#king off like every other wannabe off the street for several months (or years) hoping for some miracle.
now he is happily married with 2 kids, well settled with a good bank balance and would have absolutely no problems even if he is grounded anytime.

Totally agreed with VIMANMAN,
most of those who scolded and admonished "tailwinds" are all wannabes who are yet to clear their exams and convert their licence and Im sure atleast 70% of people in this forum have resorted to paying under the table to get their Indian CPL or first job.