PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - job for fresh CPL holder
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2009, 17:49
VIMANMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tailwind wrote

I got my Indian CPL with 250 hours and Multi engine rating.

I know how this industry works, so anyone in this forum please tell me who I should hump, or whos arse to kiss etc and how much to pay to get job with details. can negotiate but not more than 22-25 Lacs.

greatly appreciate ..

thanks !

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I see this whole issue far differently than most respondents....

No "professional pilot" wants to brown nose, bribe, or kiss arse to get the job done, but In india...one HAS to....

As a "professional pilot", does it make u less professional if you pay a bribe, brown nose or kiss arse....(I am sure there are many airline captains and FOs in India who have paid bribes to get their licenses in india, in fact I am one of them and i am sure I am not the only one). i actaully wonder how many of the respondents who have berated Tailwinds unprofessional attitude have procured their lic. w/out even an xtra rupee leaving their wallet? things tha make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I get the feeling that asking about giving bribes, as tailwind did, is the issue....because many "professional pilots" (incl. myself) have engaged in exactly the things he was merely asking about....YET "Tailwind" is un professional....and we who pay bribes are so called "professional'

Seems to me that "calling a spade a spade is tough thing to do in India"

One question
Is it worse to ask about robbing a bank....or to actually rob the bank.

But i do suppose that if I merely ask about robbing the bank....I am not a professional bank robber....but if i actually rob the bank....then I am a Professional.....(if I use the same logic that has been used on this thread)

Thanx to all for the engaging debate....thouroughly enjoying myself....