PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2009, 16:25
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Cowboy,
Seems I wrote a very clear and cogent destructiuon of the Mull group submission that the Minister clearly supported. So did S of S. So did CAS and ACAS.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the 'destruction' of our submission, as you so maturely put it, wasn't really that, was it? All you have done is regurgitate the tired old discredited mantra that has been coming out of the MoD for years.

Your Mod response claims (again) that the ROs based their decision on the evidence that the pilots were in breach of flying rules at the waypoint change. Remind me please. Where, exactly was the waypoint change made?

Where there is a difference of opinion, you simply state that you disagree. No recourse for the family, no offer of discussing the matter. The Mod's word is final.

With regards the 'new evidence' label, you claim that there is no evidence (in our report) that was either "not available at the time of the BOI (although they may have deemed it not to be relevant to their investigations), or has been put forward (and dismissed) in the intervening years." So, for example, the BoI had access to the second Boeing simulation requested after the HoL Select Committee did it? There's plenty of information that was not considered by the BoI and it is incredible that you claim otherwise.

I could go on, but the MoD response is available for all to see and it is clear that you have not made your case.

I also look forward to reading your briefing notes to the Minister as they are subject of an outstanding FOIA request.

Mr Purdey,
Rather than make a childish comment, I challenge you to step up and answer the points I put to you in post 4242. Somehow I think you will simply refuse or make a personal comment. Why not try something dofferent like actually answering a question? Both you and AC are from Bath. Do you know each other?

On the point of the control pallet, the only fact that needs to be considered is that the AAIB could not say whether or not it had become detached before, during or after the crash. Furthermore, it was at a time when the bonding was giving cause for concern and required a visual check on a regular basis.

The campaign continues...

My best, as always,
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook