PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2009, 15:02
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Vertico, thank you for your kind words. Unlike you I am merely a long retired RAF pilot (fixed wing only) so I defer to those with far more professional knowledge and experience, such as yourself, be they aircrew or groundcrew. What I do not defer to are those who imply that rank alone ensures such knowledge or wisdom, especially when they choose not to share it with others, especially when they ignore the questions of others. From what I have learned on these pages it would seem that the RAF is riven with a pandemic of incompetence and gross negligence at the highest levels as compared to the skill and dedication of those lower down the food chain. That is for the RAF to tackle as no doubt it will, but what goes around comes around and the moral from this thread and others like it is that Airworthiness Regulation must be removed from such hands and placed in the more certain ones of a Military Airworthiness Authority.
8-15fO. Good questions, and good luck with seeking answers. You'll need it!,
Dalek, Winch-control, ah yes Sqn Ldr Burke. I was most impressed with the evidence that the BoI sought from such an important witness. "But Holmes, Sqn Ldr Burke was not called to give evidence to the BoI". "Precisely, Watson, precisely".

Last edited by Chugalug2; 3rd May 2009 at 15:14.