PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Aircraft Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:34
faz1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I remember when I did it last year, they will be testing you on maths, sciences, electronics and English at a GCSE level. There maybe be a few questions about Monarch such as hubs, aircrafts they fly and destinations they fly to, local and aboard line stations and etc and also about other airlines and aircrafts. Be ready for an essay question and make sure you can name and label most of an aircraft components and parts. You will need a basic understanding of aerodynamics. Brush up on your knowledge about tools and components (e.g. split pins, lock nuts, slotted nut & etc). Make sure you can analysis mechanics by just looking at pictures.
As I did to this last year I don't remember a great deal about it and also as I did go for few other apprenticeships, I might have got confused with there tests and added a few extra things above, but most of it I am sure they will test you on.
You will do the test (I think it will last for approximately 2 hours to complete 2 or 3 tests) and then go home and if you were successful, you will be invited for the next stage.
Good luck and if you are not successful you can always reply for it again next year or go to a Part 147 college and complete your A licence within a year.
I did do this a year ago, so things may be different this year.

Faz

Last edited by faz1989; 3rd May 2009 at 13:00.