PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did anyone find training as hard as I do?
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:18
dboydan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well... What can I say? I don’t read PPRUNE very often, let alone post on it, but when I started this thread I really didn't expect such an enormous response. I would like to say a big thank you to those of you who have provided me with positive, uplifting encouragement and feedback, virtual pats on the back etc, yes of course I needed that!

I already feel a lot happier with how capable I can be now if I believe in myself more. Believing in ones self seems to be the trend in a number of your posts, and even though deep down I know this is true, I personally have found it hard to think that way, until now.

As for all of the negative feedback, I hope this doesn't come over confrontational, but forgive me if I don’t thank you for that, I did after all only really want to hear from pilots who we're established in a career now, but who had more than the expected amount of problems with training along the way. From this it should have been clear that I was looking for help and reassurance!

By the way, I went solo after about 12-15 hours if I remember correctly so perhaps I have got it in me!