PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take-off data calculations whilst Taxiing
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:17
Capt.Doughnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never read so much bull in one post!

How on earth is it a direct threat to safety? Ohh dear, some people have no concept of reality.

A provisional loadsheet is produced and handed to the captain. This has the figures which are expected for the flight. Not always 100% accurate but normally a good fair estimate.
These figures are initially used for speeds etc. The captain accepts this loadsheet, signs it and returns a copy to the dispatcher before flight.

After pushback the final figures are entered into the system to produce the final loadsheet figures, this data is then transmitted via acars (or a/g radio) to the aircraft. The flight crew get a print out of this on the flight deck and read it. This will show whether there is any changes to the original provisional figures or whether they are infact the same as the provisional figures which is often the case.
This loadsheet is acknowledged by the flight crew through acars.

If there are changes shown on the final figures, then the speeds etc are ammended accordingly, all prior to flight and in total comfort and safety. If it takes longer at the hold and delays people a few minutes then tough luck really. They will never depart without receiving & acknowledging final figures then making nescessary changes tp flight data.

As for the issue of taxying, i dont think i have heard of any taxying accident where reading the loadsheet has been a contributing factor.

Flexible responses 'no-****' response really is full of Are you some press associate trying to scald the names of major airlines?

Capt. D