PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2009, 00:21
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlantic Cowboy is telling it as it is.
I suggest that the unjust verdict was politically expedient at the time and, given the ongoing sensitivities in the region, may remain so beyond our lifetime.
Thus the onus falls on interested parties, who wish to clear the names of the pilots, to prove that something other than negligence on behalf of the pilots caused the crash.
While the Mull Group is correct in that there was not sufficient evidence for the verdict of gross negligence, and that it was therefore unjust, I would suggest that their strategy of not digging into the flight planning and conduct lest anything detrimental to their cause emerge has had the effect of blinkering debate, intentional or not.
I believe that there could be sufficient evidence of an extra activity in the vicinity of the Mull – I have done my best to point out the parameters that indicate this – it requires people who were in the right positions at the time to recognise and correlate these parameters such that an authoritative statement can be made which could open up further formal investigations.
Any such extra task being exposed that has hitherto not been disclosed by the authorities would immediately void that unjust verdict – it could also ultimately lead to real justice.