PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cimber - Sterling
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2009, 23:41
The Flying Cokeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I am not surprised that the Steling part doesn't make any profit, all the other owners couldn't manage that either. The Sterling part is very small compared to many lowcost operators in and out of CPH. Billund is not any better with FR constantly expanding new routes there with more to come in the near future !? So to be honest I don't see much future in them

The Cimber part has been doing good and bad the last couple of years and I wouldn't be too worried about them having losses a couple of years in a row. Sterling is on a different AOC and set up as a seperate company so I'm more worried about Sterling's future in the short term.

The big question is how long Joergen Nielsen and co. want to keep investing money into this company? He is not used to financially operate bigger jets like the 737 and with this size of aircrafts money don't last long.

And correct as previously mentioned in the earlier post. They don't have much money in reserve compared to the big lowcost companies who not only know how to run this kind of business but also have ****loads of money.

Time wil tell.