PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - URGENT Foreigner owns Aircraft but FAA "N" US registered through american citizen
Old 2nd May 2009, 22:49
Deegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
URGENT Foreigner owns Aircraft but FAA "N" US registered through american citizen

Dear Pilots,

I know this Theme in common but I did a big research on this and haven't found a answer in this case.

A friend of mine bought a Aircraft, a few days ago.
And he would like to export this Aircraft end 2009 into his home country, outside USA.

But Meanwhile he would like to keep the Aircraft in United states for 6 to 9 month.
We fly a littlebit in the next three month in the USA, before he exports it.

As a NOT US Citizen he is not able to register the Aircraft officially under his name. So there a three possibility for him:

create a Thrust Company (5000 US), or
create share Copmany (up to 5000 US),
or register it meanwhile throug a US Citizen for 5 USD.

He knows a US Citizen who said, he could registere the plane temporary in his name. I checked on the Internet that quiet a few people did this. There are several planes outside US, for excample in switzerland who are registered through a american citizen. Yes it not correct, yes many people shacking the head now, but I ask you, please to give me a experience on this.

Wich Documents are required to register it through a US Citizen to make sure, that my friend is the Owner. Maybe a Lien?

Please let me know your thoughts and dont be angry with me that I ask such a question.