PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:39
eglnyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for one would like to just see the union publish the actual deal on offer and leave us to make up our own minds, without making recommendations as these could lead some people to decide based solely on that, rather than the actual facts and figures involved.
I haven't had the benefit of attending the negotiations so I want to know more than just the final figure. I personally will always want some indication from the union as to whether or not they think this is really the best deal on the table and why. You can call that a recommendation or something else but I don't think anybody could sensibly make up their mind without it unless the settlement is so bad that you couldn't dream of accepting it even if it is the best you'll ever get.

As long as I can remember the ballot has always come with a note from the union with their recommendation. Unless management have insisted that the offer is put to the members before there is any further negotiation, that recommendation is always likely to be acceptance because the union would keep negotiating if it thought there was any more to be had.