PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:19
fly bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonny

it is not the unions who have made this offer
True, but the union have "recommended" this deal, and as has been mentioned before about the pay deal (and before that, the pension issue) there are a lot of apathetic people who can't be bothered to put in the effort to learn a bit about the facts and figures involved in the deal, so if they see the union "recommending" the deal then they probably think its a good deal and so, will vote yes.

I for one would like to just see the union publish the actual deal on offer and leave us to make up our own minds, without making recommendations as these could lead some people to decide based solely on that, rather than the actual facts and figures involved. Speaking to some colleagues last night, they don't remember these sorts of things ever being "recommended" by the union in the past, so why are they now?!? I have always said that I fully appreciate the hard work that negotiators do on our behalf, but just feel that any fence-sitters could be swayed purely by the recommendation.

And before anyone fires off about "why don't you stand up and be counted"...I have!! I have just become union rep for my watch!!

FB