PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2009, 02:20
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
compton3bravo,

It is telling that your response to Momentary Lapse's posting contains no evidence or argument to support your contemptuous dismissal of the point of view expressed. If you must condemn other's postings as "clap trap", at least have the integrity to state your reasoned case for so doing.

I suggest to you that the trends identified by ML in the 17:58 posting are not only spot on looking ahead, but are already verifiable in the statistical breakdowns released by MAG for the early months of 2009. And if they do not convince you, take a look at recent business updates published by numerous airlines and tour operators.

ML will be the first to tell you that [he/she] and I have had some differences of opinion on these threads in the past. But when that situation arises, both parties respond with reasoned exchanges and debate - not one-liner insults. That is what makes discussion boards compelling and informative, and builds respect between contributors. We all sometimes have to agree to disagree, but hopefully reasoned debate supported by facts and ideas can help us all to understand the subject better.

I'm afraid "what a load of clap trap" is not a great contribution to the finer understanding of this particular issue. Perhaps you could undertake to respond to ML's gloomy economic forecast with your reasons for taking a contrary view. Now that would be worth reading.

Cheers, SHED.