PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:49
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAC,
"(Except for the use of the hard to get Electron card to justify adding those unavoidable, for almost all, of us service fees and card charges, of course!)"
What is so hard to get about the Electron card? It was designed for people with less than perfect credit ratings, but that shouldn't stop savvy frequent fliers from stooping down to this level and opening up an account just for this purpose - putting snobbery to one side always works best with no frills airlines.

I agree that the fee seems extortionate, but if it genuinely allows airlines to offer cheaper fares elsewhere, what's the problem? I haven't flown with BE since last August, but I have just got back from a return trip with FR, where I paid £5 to fly BHX-BLQ, and then €5 for PSA back to BHX. The bus from BLQ to the city centre was €5, so if other people who don't have Electron cards were subsidising my cheap flights, I'm not complaining.

Afaik, the Co-op Cashminder account is open to all, and can be topped up from any post office. I wish Nationwide offered an Electron card too, as you'd then save on the foregin transaction fees too, but when the fares are this low, I'm really not complaining!