PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2009, 21:50
wowzz

Received 115 Likes on 65 Posts
As an impartial SLF observer can I just say how unhappy I am with Emirates [can I use that word?] handling of this whole issue. As an outside observer it seems to me that the airline is taking an ostrich like approach to the whole issue rather than facing it head on [sorry for the cliche]. Surely in such a large company 'collective responsibilty' sholud be the management mantra rather than trying to find convenient scape-goats.

The issue of allocating blame seems incidental compared to the number of lives that could have been lost had not the flight crew been aware of the nature of the danger they were in, and taking the appropriate remedial eaction. Emirates seem reluctant [under-statement!]to give appropriate thanks to the flight crew- the 'sweep under carpet approach' seems more appropriate.

Given the choice on the routes operated by Emirates, I think I might prefer to choose other airlines, until Emirates become a little more open and honest in their dealings with the people who really matter.