PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did anyone find training as hard as I do?
Old 1st May 2009, 12:49
AvEnthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys I'll also try to relax myself a little bit by subscribing to this thread. And see what you have for me. Ok I don't have any problem with my training and as said by instructors I'm good at it and even me I feel comfortable the way I handle the plane. The day before I have been sent for my solo check just before my 15 hours and even some of the maneuvers said by the check pilot were very good but while coming to show him some landings, while descending I couldn't reach the traffic pattern at 1000ft, although got stressed but made a right orbit and tried to enter downwing at 45degrees and 1000ft I just got fixated on altimeter and at one moment I noticed that I'm very close to runway so decided to extend downwind, but really got panic and then made a soon turn and then executed a go around (knowing the whole procedures, and have practices several times) not added full power even told by the check pilot that we need full power for go arounds I confirmed but still didn't add it and then everything was messed up and I couldn't do good landings as well. I know that all those things could be corrected but my problem is that I had always did good at first attempts throughout my life specially studies, and that day when I couldn't reach the pattern at 1000' I said whey couldn't I make it correctly first time and then getting close to runway and then going around and could not land the first time made me panic and messed up every thing. So now the problem is that after one flight with my insturctor doing landings I'm ganna be checked for it again by the check pilot, but now I'm afraid that I'll mess up again because I'm thinking that, that check pilot maybe thinking of me as second chance tryer, while I have always been a first time clearer student then how I messed up in first attempt of the field which I have been loving it crazly. So it really hurts me, I think there is no recover becuase first time passer of other aspects couldn't become first time passer of the thing he liked most in his life. Despite I have the motivation to do it good next time, but still hurts me a little bit.
PS: Although I think this shouldn't be excuse but I had never flown that kind of weather before (gusty for me but not the check pilot)