PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Civilianisation of air support
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2009, 08:50
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Huntnhound... you really do need to research your statements. West Midlands has not flown the most aircraft types.... somewhere I sadly wrote all of them down before launching my quill .... pen... typewriter etc.

Even allowing for the Chipmunk, Rapide, PA23 Apache, Sioux, Navajo, Golden Eagle ..... of yesteryear the list is very much shorter than many many others.

The issue of a PAOC does not in any way reflect first in the field, if that were the case the Met would undoubtedly have been the first, not number 20, Devon & Cornwall probably the second rather than 17. Its all about who coralled the paperwork first and knowing many of the people involved at the time 'tomorrow' really was soon enough for most of them.

And.... just take a little peek over your shoulder..... I do not actually spend my time reading the job ads on the West Midlands Police web site. I received a request from someone very close to you to go to that page and [specifically] put it on Pprune.

As for the 'price' of PAN. That actually fits in perfectly with the Business Plan and has done from day 1. When you get there .... and I got there .... like me you will have assessed [researched!] your former colleagues with their [generally] sealed shut wallets and you will make the same decision. If it was a US scenario and not a UK one that decision would have been quite different. That is why the ALEA business plan works perfectly in the US but, much to their exasperation, does not work in the UK. Are you a member? It costs pennies ....

I guess not.

Last edited by PANews; 1st May 2009 at 08:53. Reason: typo