PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 1st May 2009, 08:49
fly bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering what would happen if (and maybe it is a big "if"!!!) the RPI in Aug 09 wasn't quite as bad as all the doom and gloom predictions (or indeed maybe even slightly positive-this MAY be a big if I suppose!!)?? What happens if the Aug 09 RPI is -1.7? or -1.0? Or any other higher figure?

Even -1.0 means a blended RPI of 3.8 over the two years, and by my maths, the MAXIMUM possible payrise of 3% being offered therefore means a raise of 0.8% BELOW inflation!!!! Yet again I do fully appreciate all the work put in by the union guys, but this deal is still rubbish. Who decided on the cut off point of -1.8%?!? We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot to vote this in as we surely can't vote on something which may or may not happen!! If this deal was a one year deal then yes, i'd seriously think about voting for it, but stretched over 2 years is also too much to ask for.

I am also thoroughly ed off by being constantly told by NATSnet that we're "in dire financial trouble" and "facing a bleak outlook", yet they see fit to pay out massive sums in dividends and management payrises (probably the ones who need a payrise the least, what with their already massive salaries, and easily achievable bonuses based on the back of OUR hard work!!!) According to the barron's recent propaganda, paying for staff terms and conditions came first on the list of things our profits went towards, and yet here we are, being offered a measly 1% pa, while watching £44m being given away, purely because the board of directors are all airline group employees!!! I wonder what the dividend will be next year if we post another profit, meanwhile we'd probably be offered a pay freeze and an attack on our pension?!?

I would encourage everyone to use their vote because to be apathetic about it is a waste of a potentially crucial vote. I, for one, am voting No, as are most of my colleagues that I spoke to about it yesterday!!!

The union may say
The trade unions believe that the above settlement is the best achievable by negotiation
well in that case maybe its time we moved beyond simple negotiation and started "talking" in other ways!!!!!

FB