PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hughes 269/Schweizer 300 series
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2009, 03:54
chopperjockey77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lateral CG Hughes 269A

Thanks for all the responses. I checked out the specs on the D model. I had looked at that publication before. I love how it says under the A model. "See RFM for details" next to Lateral CG limit. Then you look in the RFM and nothing...lol. I've been spoiled on the Robinson. My situation is that I need to train pilots in the Hughes 269A, and I want them to be thinking about lateral CG and factor that into their calculations, but I have NO DATA to use for the A model. I was thinking about using the data I have from the C, but I don't think it is right. The C has different longitudinal limits than the A. I'm also super bummed out about the 400 pound limit in the cab. Did they rig the cyclic differently in the C and CBI models to give you more cyclic effective movement, or is it a crashworthiness kind of thing? Anyone interested in 2 269A's for a really good C model? I'm not terribly worried about the lateral CG being out, with a typical male size, but I am worried about solo'ing someone light in the future, like a 100 pound girl. Any safe ideas for ballast?