PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Civilianisation of air support
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2009, 23:44
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry missing from the parade... but I think I have caught up now.... [yes I know 'light blue touchpaper and retire....' thats a common ruse]

The item about West Yorkshire's aircraft being the 'busiest in the UK and with only one aircraft a 902' was pretty standard stuff issued by West Yorks .... it appeared in the local papers but probably only got global via PAN and some of the aero wires. The only thing I added was to do the sums to 'prove' the statement against the high time EC135 and expand the story. Press offices do sometimes get themselves in a muddle.

I probably take a bit of an exception to huntnhound and his assertion that the original thread is none of the business of PAN. I beg to quarrel with that. What the 'police' choose to do is indeed their choice but it has been under the scrutiny of the citizen for nearly 200 years and if I am anything I am now a taxpayer and YOU, like me in the past, are very much under scrutiny. Ask those poor officers in the G20 camera views. If in the end what the 'police' do is right fair enough but we 'the people' actually have the right to ask the questions - even if they are crass.

If PAN is 'tired' fine, but I guess you read it to make that judgement.

To be pedantic PAN was born before the WMP operation started.