PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did anyone find training as hard as I do?
Old 30th Apr 2009, 20:44
Abagnale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't want to dissappoint you,but have actually been trained many years ago and all the guys who were struggling actually didn't get far in their careers...But I can say that these people were not hard workers,the training is not so difficult to be honest,it's made for an AVERAGE person with AVERAGE abilities.I had this argument with some of my colleagues before and I'm going to say this one more time: What I don't understand is why nowadays anybody without any educational background can easily become a pilot?All you need is money,that's it,you can have 300 extra hours but you will still get the license.I feel like that's the main reason profession is becoming less and less prestigious with the average salary declining every year...Just think about it-not everybody can become a doctor,a lawyer,an engineer,because you need certain personal qualities and abilities to do those jobs,but many young pilots I work with nowadays are actually quite shocking...My point is there should be some kind of selection progress,probably govermental control,FTOs do not really care if you're going to kill 300 people the day after tommorrow,all they want is your money....And what do you want to hear?Something like-don't worry,everybody is been struggling throught the training,you'll be flying 737s anyway...No,that's not the case,I would say you should just take your training more seriously and WORK HARDER