PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cannibals at the Cathay 'feast'
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2001, 19:19
iflyboeing747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - maybe I didn't express myself very clear..

What I mean is:
if jobs are available in a certain company, then these obviously will be filled by the guys who applies first..
If afterwards it shows that there are e.g. too many expats compared to locals, I don't think it means that the expats "took" the jobs from the locals. The locals were just not at the right time the right place. But that can change over time - this is what I mean with a moving and constantly changing business..

..and SPAD: no I've done my carreer the "hard" way, following a seniority list whereever I've been - no "free tickets" as suggested by you..

I look very positive on our business, and accept that there may be unsatisfying terms around - which we have our unions to take care of - with my support or not - but in general I'm satisfied with the business.

Regarding what happens these days in CX:
I think it's a shame of the management to "throw" so many employees out on the street - but then again - I don't know enough about what happens in CX, so I'll refrain from going too deep into this.
I just feel very sorry for all those guys. Must be terrible with family, financial obligations etc..