PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cannibals at the Cathay 'feast'
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2001, 09:39
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cannibals at the Cathay 'feast'

I'm saddened but not surprised to read posts from people glorying over the current crisis the Cathay pilots are undergoing. Even if you accept that a number of these posts are from management stooges, (which some undoubtedly are), others are almost certainly from that same class of person who so enjoyed - and in some cases, actively assisted in - the demise of the Australian pilots twelve years ago. They glory in the defeat the Australians suffered, and with a leap of (il)logic that defies comprehension, go on to complain how the Australians 'flooded' the overseas job market taking 'their' jobs.

However heavy the chip on someone's shoulder may be about Cathay or some pilot in Cathay who's slighted him, anyone who's actually a pilot (or aspires to be one) who is enjoying watching what's being done to the Cathay pilots has so little imagination as the near certain consequences of the current Cathay management's actions that it's a little frightening to think of that person planning a flight from A to B.

To the Cathay pilots, my deepest best wishes for a speedy and sensible solution to your current travails. You appear to be confronted with the same intransigent brick wall of 'macho' management stupidity we were twelve years ago.

Most importantly, may the weakest links in your membership prove to be stronger than the weakest links among my colleagues twelve years ago.